Daily Archives

One Article

Posted by Mammoth on

If the child is 3

  1. If the child is 3 and mom hasn’t paid any child support, it sounds like you don’t need the money so tell the court (if that argument is raised) that the money will be put in a college fund.
  2. You certainly can petition the court to change the custody order to sole custody. Its not a slam dunk but if she hasn’t seen the child in 3 years, the court may go along with it – your wife might not even oppose it.
  3. I’m not absolutely sure but I do not think that obtaining sole custody will help you if something happens to you. Your wife as the other biological parent would probably get custody. However, in Connecticut, we have a application to terminate parental rights which would do the trick. It would also cut off child support.

You should probably talk to the attorney who handled your divorce.